Monday, November 27, 2006

There you go again!

Those of you old enough will remember Ronald Reagan's famous debate line, "There you go again." Well we heard it again this weekend, this time from Michael in a different context.
We were going around the dinner table, as usual, to expound on our individual reasons for being thankful.

When we got to Lindsey, she justifiably listed her boyfriend (good for you D-man). Michael piped up, "There you go again, Lindsey!"
"What do you mean?"
"Lying!"
"What?"
"He can't be your boyfriend, he's not in the same family. He has his own family."

Clearly, we have some explaining to do eventually, once we stop laughing.

6 comments:

DaWheeze said...

Hmmm, he's a little confused methinks. When was this and where was I? I don't remember it and I wish I did so I could tell it better.

M.O.M. said...

Hey Bug Girl!

Sorry you missed it...dinner on Sunday before the other girls abandoned us (I mean, went home :)

It was pretty funny.

clem said...

Another constant in Michael's life has been the fascination with taking electronic devices apart. So, now he has a project at school with another Michael to "build a robot."

Each day, along with his gym clothes and school paraphernalia, he loads up several circuit boards gleaned from his "parts box" in aid of either building this robot, or to share his fascination with these green wafer mosaics with his classmates. I wonder what those other kids bring in their backpacks and how they react to a circuit board as a topic of great interest.

D.Cous. said...

Heh heh, someday I'll stop laughing about this, but not just yet. At least I (hopefully) haven't yet overstayed my welcome, he knows I'm not in the family :)

clem said...

Anytime, D. Cous, but especially this weekend ;)

Lindsey said...

Ah, that was funniness. He was so confused. Did maryn hear of the "special friend" comment he then directed at lauren? now THAT was funny...heh heh heh...