Thursday, December 14, 2006

(Warrior) Angel

The First Grade Nativity play – Michael is so excited to be an angel in the school play. He has a costume with wings and (most exciting) a sword. This sword is made by Mom, with the usual cardboard and aluminum foil construction. This same style weapon had been made before for another play and it did not have the required rigidity. So, the morning of the dress rehearsal, Michael pointedly questioned his armorer, pointing out that he did not want to be embarrassed by a floppy sword. He does not have a speaking part (we know he can talk up a storm), but it promises to be terminally cute, given past experience. Fire up that digital camera!

6 comments:

DaWheeze said...

Yeah, i'm excited. Hopefully Michael knows that it is not a speaking part, it would not surprise me if he blurted something out.

Lindsey said...

Heh heh, can't wait. christmas programs, what joy.

Hey dude, my verizon bill is 160!!! Uh, maybe I missed a payment last month...crap, I guess I'm not that responsible as I thought

clem said...

An update: This very morning, at the unholy hour of 5:50 a.m. (just ask m.o.m. about those kind of hours), I was taking a shower and heard a voice inquiring at the door. After shutting off the water, I heard, "No one is getting me up for school."

Yes, Michael was so eager to do his part in the Nativity play that he woke up over an hour early! I sent him back to bed, but like that jack-in-the-box, he popped back up twenty minutes later. You can't keep a good man down. He's concerned about coughing during the play, especially the part when the bells toll to announce the arrival of Gabriel. He came up with a strategy, "I'll just swallow when I have to cough."

Joie de vivre - look it up!

DaWheeze said...

So cute. I would have paid ten bucks to see that, they could have made some money.

Lindsey said...

Um, new post? Maybe photos of the christmas program? I downloaded them.

DaWheeze said...

I second Lindsey's comment, it's about time for a new post.