So, last week m.o.m. went to Michael's parent-teacher conference. Obviously he was trying to fit this process into known constructs (like Christmas, which is strongly on his mind), because he yelled through the bathroom door at his maternal ancestor performing her ablutions, "So what does the family get if I've been good?"
Clearly we all deserve some reward for his good performance. (In case you were worried, he got all "Satisfactory" with plenty of "+" marks. They don't give out higher than Satisfactory at this age.) The teacher didn't have much to say, other than, "He's very smart." I guess he figured we should at least get gold stars or extra recess or cookies or something.
Those readers who know the little fellow, would not have been surprised at the scene around our front door all weekend. Michael felt it was important to build a recycling center with various containers (cardboard boxes) labeled "cans", etc. He imagined a pump for recycling gasoline (a bicycle tire pump) and put up a hazard warning sign he swiped from the back of our van to help keep us safe, which was a real concern, given all the contraptions around the door.
I think he didn't get out of his jammies for most of the weekend (ah, to be young). Well, that's all I can remember right now.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Typical Michael, building recycling centers in front of the door. I agree with you on the jammies, but I think just staying warm and cosy in bed would be even better...up to a certain point anyway.
"God wants his loved ones to get their proper rest." Ps 127:2 m.o.m.'s favorite.
That's one of my favorites too, sometimes I wish I didn't like it so much though...
Two questions:
Why did you have a hazard label on the back of your van?
Can I have a recess? If not, can I go to time-out?
Oh, that's three questions.
I don't know exactly where we got it, but the hazard warning is a triangle that can be unfolded, with a heavy base and reflectors. It's the kind big truck carry and can put behind their broken-down vehicles. Hmm. Somehow appropriate.
You have recesses alright - in your mind.
cute kid. reading mom's letters to Marnie shows me that we were all kind of cute/crazy :)
awwww.
I forgot Mom sent those letters. Must be interesting for the family class paper.
Post a Comment