Over Thanksgiving, Michael was continually asking when the break would be over so he could go to school. The rest of us shook our heads. This morning at "Oh-dark hundred hours" when I went into wake him up from his sound sleep, he sat up like a jack-in-the-box and exclaimed, "Finally!" As I took him down to the kitchen, he explained, "I thought you were going to leave me in bed until the bell for dismissal [for school]."
Mind you he was fast asleep when I went to get him up. It was clearly the first thing on his mind - "I can't wait to go to school!" He often relates the minutiae of the classroom, down to who got busted for what that day. He was also eager to find out today how the possible rearrangement of desks would work out. He counts the days until his first play (Nativity) in which he is a warrior angel, complete with white robe and tin-foil over cardboard sword. No speaking lines, but he would not be at a loss for words, that's for sure.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay, new story! Cuteness.
Post a Comment