Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cute Stuff from Michael

As Michael was preparing to enter school in first grade, he read a letter from his new teacher which explained some of what he could expect early in the year. He then bragged to the family that, “We’re going to have team leaders. We are going to learn a song on first day!” The rest of us lamented that we had not learned a song on the first day in our schools. August, 2006.


Michael loves to take apart anything mechanical or electronic. We save up broken appliances for him to work on. One day, one of us came home to hear him say, “Apparently I took apart the DVD today…what does apparently mean, anyway?” Summer, 2006.


Michael enjoys walks and bike rides and “Big Rig” rides (his plastic semi vehicle with pedals). Dad would often take him out for a “Weed and Walk” in which the parent pulls weeds in the yard for a few minutes with Michael loading up the trunk of the Big Rig with the “detritus” and then going off on the ride/walk. Frequently, these perambulations would have the additional task of picking up trash along the road or counting cigarette butts (to instill a horror of littering and smoking, apparently). Summer of 2006

9 comments:

DaWheeze said...

Funny kid, I tell ya. You should post more of those.

Lindsey said...

definitely post more. Especially for us older siblings who live in lands far far away.

ckm said...

AND for grandparents who also live far, far away, even in the next STATE.

clem said...

Okay, I'll ponder the boy's sayings and antics. Stay tuned.

Lindsey said...

yay!!!

PCPL Youth Librarian said...

I just have to add to cute stuff from Michael. This week Michael left a note on my desk chair at the library telling me that he loves the new I'm Dirty book by Kate McMullan. That note made my day! That is why I do what I do.

Stu said...

Clem?

Stu said...

You're not a nerd.

Stu said...

Michael needs his own blog. His code name can be Chester.