So we needed scads of new cell phones. Kids going to college (two same college, same off-campus house) all need their own phones. High school kid - need phone. First-grader...wait, not him.
Anyway, I had toasted my PalmPilot somehow with about 900 contacts in it from the last 23 years of work-life and had kind of liked having one.
Voila! Get over to Verizon and sign up for one of these family, bazillion minutes, only $10 for new lines programs. We wanted to save money, so canned the landline. Of course, those new PDA and phone combos are more expensive, but it has more than one thing it can do, so I bite the lure and have a fancy phone (plus half a dozen other ones for the kids).
Got a Bluetooth with it to be somewhat safer in the car (not that I would ever dial and drive!) Right away I found out that those itty-bitty microphone earphone pieces don't need to be and actually work better if they're NOT washed in the washing machine in a shirt-pocket. Within a week I had already learned that apparently non-obvious factoid.
So, I want to "synchronize" my phone's contacts list with at least one of our home computers or work computer, or ANY computer, really. Load the software (cool), plug in the little cable (cooler), wait for the synchronizing to whiz by and (nothing). Oh well, guess I'll just keep three or four different versions of my contacts. Repeated entry helps cement them in my memory.
Where was I?
Well, last week marked one year at my new place of employment. I say I have learned a lot of new things and applied all the old things I could to keep my head above water. A lot of challenges. Not the least of which was driving an hour each way just as the gas prices skyrocketed. (I guess no one else has that complaint.) Getting into the exciting world (to me anyway) of internal auditing too. It's different, that's for sure. One instructor told me that every day when you're an auditor, you'll talk to someone who does not want to give you what you need.
Just you wait. More to come from that lofty profession.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment