Thursday, March 05, 2009

Poor D.Cous!

Daily Lift - Popular People Make More MoneyFreakonomics blog, 4 March 2009Economists have now put a number on the economic value of popularity. The study observed 4,000 males who graduated from high school in 1957, using the number of friends who could recall them as a proxy for being likeable. Controlling for other factors, every friend you made during your high school glory days is associated with a 2% increase in earnings later in life. The large study ends a long-standing debate among economists on why their pay is so low.

2 comments:

D.Cous. said...

I'm so nerdy that I actually saw this elsewhere first. Yes, poor me. I'm probably an extreme outlier here, too, since I didn't even go to high school in the traditional sense.

DaWheeze said...

Funny, funny. DCous, I think you're cool. Do you suppose now that it's on record on the internet that your salary will increase?