So we were playing Fictionary with the gang, including Megan and Michael. I wonder what the latter thought was the actual point of the game, because he marched to the beat of a different drummer.
Word #1 "nostoc" - MPM definition: Nostrils that talk
Word #2 "kinkajou" - MPM: Kinked hose that delivers joe (coffee)
Word #3 "mutchkin" - I don't remember (sorry)
Story 2: We transplanted a rather larger maple tree and got me kind of tired last weekend (gorgeous weather was much appreciated). Naturally, I required a bit of prone recovery, during which Michael wandered in to where I was reading and asked, "Did you know George Washington was a Federalist?"
He had been reading the reference sections on famous characters in the back of the dictionary used in the above game. I have to admit, one of my favorite reading materials was our encyclopedia set when I was a "munchkin."
The "Little Fella'" still has the ability to surprise me.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hah, I bet he won, right? Funny boy, funny boy.
Yeah, I always feel bad when he excitedly tells me something that I'd already been aware of (like George Washington's politics), since he's apparently thrilled to have just learned of it, and perhaps assumes that it's news to everyone.
I'm just amazed at learning how interesting so many topics are to the boy. We could all learn from that plasticity.
Post a Comment