Some of you are aware that we had a dangerous road adventure the other day.
What happened was that I took a curve at a normal, but too-fast speed for the invisible ice near our house on the way to church.
We started out fishtailing, then after some big waggles, charged across the oncoming traffic lane, through a shallow ditch and a snowbank and into a parking lot of a veterinary clinic (closed). I executed a smart 180 degree turn and was able to stop. Inspection outside the vehicle showed no damage. Inside, Nora was quietly shaking, while in the back, Michael chimed, "Cool!"
As I told my sister, I couldn't have driven exactly through the above path without damage if I had intended too, so I figure some heavy guardian angel action was involved. We continued on to church, where we arrived on time and all the readings and songs held a special poignancy.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Did Nora screech? Or were you too busy to notice?
Nora was: "Omigosh" and patting her heart with her hand, while turning a paler shade.
Post a Comment