Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Michael's prayer

Yesterday was a "Dad Appreciation Day" at Michael & Nora's school. As an added benefit, I received, when I came home, a hand-made card from Michael (Nora gave me hers at the event, and it was very sweet and frank at the same time). Here is the text (if I could scan it, I would instead because it has a good rendering of Calvary with three crosses):

[On the cover] I Love You [heart symbol]

Dear Jesus, I pray for my Dad.
O Mary, watch over my Dad.
Please keep his faith strong,
May he always love mom,
Dear Jesus I pray for my Dad.

I pray for you every day at School.
love Michael

All I can say is Amen (and what a good school)

4 comments:

DaWheeze said...

Those are some good prayers!

clem said...

I'll take 'em!
It was nice to see you, however briefly, yesterday. You certainly are popular with the younger set!

Lindsey said...

awwwwww...that's so cute. can't wait to come home in a few weeks (first weekend of march)...!!!

clem said...

We'll kill the fatted calf. Wait, we don't have one and it's Lent, and you're not prodigal.

We'll fluff up a sleeping bag...