Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Greatest Day

Recently, MBW got me a pedometer because I was grousing about how hard it was to exercise and that I should lose some weight. So, on a frigid Sunday, I decided to brave the elements and walk north on our new road toward the woods. Michael wanted to come with me, and since he had a new coat with a hood, I agreed. He said it reminded him of the "old days" (in the Fall), when we used to go for walks at our old house.

The little fellow grabbed a stick and we headed out into the wintry blast. Not far into the perambulation, I started thinking, "This will be a short walk..this coat isn't warm enough..I'll start exercising tomorrow..," while my six-year-old was taking in everything, the cars going under the overpass, two dogs warning us to keep out of their territory, six teenage boys playing snow-football, and many other remarkable phenomena. As he dragged his stick behind to make a line in the snow, he offered enthusiastically, "This is the greatest day of my life!"

Sure, he hasn't had that many days, but what a great outlook. It has stayed with me so far. Today is the greatest day of my life! Live it to the fullest.

3 comments:

DaWheeze said...

Oh Michael, he's so cute! I'll keep that in mind today as I sit through various classes...

Lindsey said...

wow, wish I had some of that enthusiasm. Still, I would rank taking an ambling walk with my dad pretty high up there.

clem said...

You guys are too nice!