Those of us who have kids but are still able to recall our own childhood may find this account somewhat amusing.
There was email traffic from Dawheeze across the seas, that she was available to call the sibs at home (day off of school), since the timing and internet access was right. So, I called M.O.M. to see how Skype might work at the home CPU, since I hadn't used it yet. She said there was an icon for it and should be set up to call Dawheeze, but obviously we didn't get into long explanations over the phone.
So, what the heck, I called the resident eight-year-old. The computer booted up and he basically, said, "No problemo," he could run the program and make the call over the computer and over the seas to his big sis. He said he would call me if he had any questions. "Your phone number is 734-395... right?" And that was that.
Dawheeze reported that he contacted her via Skype, she told him an abbreviated "Georgie Story" and it was a fine success all around.
At his age, I think I was setting up green plastic army men and knocking them over with dirt clods.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think Michael would still enjoy knocking army men over with dirt clods. It just probably hasn't occurred to him yet.
Come to think of it, I probably would still enjoy it!
Post a Comment