Thursday, May 03, 2007

Concerned about sin

As Michael and I were winding down with some pre-sleeping discussion, I asked him, "So where do you think you'll go when you die?" We had just been praying, "..now and at the hour of our death. Amen" He thought for a moment and then said, "To Hell."
"Why?"
"I AM six YEARS old!" (Implication: Lots of time to sin.)
So, we brought in some heavier artillery, led him through a prayer of repentance, and some input on reasonableness of the copious quantity of sins he thought he had built up. At any rate, he will not take for granted the gift of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

3 comments:

ckm said...

Good Heavens! I trust you will keep a close watch on this kid's theology!

clem said...

Count on it! Better to be too concerned than unconcerned about sin. He'll be fine. Reminds me of Daniel who said to Barbara when he was younger, "Don't you love Purgatory?" (Implication - better than not having the chance to tidy up!)

Lindsey said...

oh yeah, I remember that purgatory comment, that's funny.

Poor kid. At least he's aware of right/wrong (blowing it a bit out of proportion perhaps?).